- Medical School: Beijing Medical University, China
- Graduate School: Columbia University, New York
- Residency: OB/Gyn, Robert Wood Johnson Medical school UMDNJ, New Jersey
- Residency: Plastic Surgery, 3rd Hospital Beijing Medical University
- Board Certified, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgery
- Urogynecology and pelvic reconstruction
- Cosmetic gynecology
- General and high risk obstetrics
A Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a graduate of Columbia University, Dr. Richard Pei completed an OB/GYN residency at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School UMDNJ in 2002, and a residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Beijing Medical University in 1991. Dr. Pei was awarded his medical degree in 1988 from Beijing Medical University. His interest in biomedical research led him attend graduate school at Columbia University where he received a PhD in Physiology and Cellular Biophysics in 1998. Dr. Pei is a founding partner of StarCare Gynecology and Obstetrics, LLC. He has been in practice since 2002.
While knowledgeable and experienced in all areas of OB/GYN, Dr. Pei possesses expertise in advanced laparoscopy. Almost all his abdominal surgeries are completed through laparoscope so that his patients can recover fast with minimum scar. Dr. Pei has special interests in urogynecology and pelvic reconstruction including treatment of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. Dr. Pei has training in both Ob/Gyn and Plastic Surgery. He pays special attention to women's cosmetic needs while doing surgery. He performs procedures like vaginoplasty, labiaplasty, cesarean scar revision and panniculectomy, which removes excess skin and fat in the lower abdomen. He offers his patients the most-updated surgical technology, including office hysteroscopy, endometrial ablation and Essure sterilization, so his patients may return to their normal activities the same or next day.
Dr. Pei is compassionate and is dedicated to treating the health care needs of women through their lives. His goal is to provide first-class medical care that consistently exceeds patient’s expectations. He enjoys establishing a continuum of care with her patients and building lifelong relationships with them and their families.